Oats granola ladoo recipe
Oats granola ladoo recipe a healthy snack to enjoy
Servings 15 ladoos
- 1/4 cup badam
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 tbsp figs
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp dried apricots
First heat 1 tbsp butter let it melt add the nuts and fry for 2 mins, remove and set aside.
In the same pan add oats and fry for 5 mins in low flame without major color change, remove and set aside.Heat 2 tsp butter along with cane sugar and water.Mix well, it will start to boil.
Let it boil rigorously at this stage(will take 3mins) switch off.Add fried nuts,oats,honey,vanilla essence, ghee and salt.
Mix well until well combined.When its still warm add 2 tsp ghee mix well and shape them as ladoos.
- Keeps well for 5 days in room temperature.
- I have used butter as I wanted to recreated the exact granola recipe then shape them as ladoos.But you can replace butter with ghee too.I added little ghee at the end for greasing and easy shaping.
- You can use any mixed nuts and dry fruits of your choice.This is what I had in hand so used them up.
- While the syrup is bubbling do not burn it, cook in low flame.Just bubble it up just for 2-3 mins not more than that.
- You can skip vanilla essence and add cardamom powder instead.
- Salt is added to lift the sweetness added.Make sure your cane sugar is clean and free from impurities.
- Do not roast oats for a long time, keep in low flame and roast, take care not to burn it,You can use rolled oats too but roasting time may differ.
- When its still warm, start shaping else it would not hold easily.