Aval paal recipe
Aval paal recipe a quick and easy partial no cook recipe you can make for gokulashtami.
- 1 cup thick poha
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp sugar (adjust according to your preference)
- 2 tbsp coconut
- a pinch cardamom powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp nuts and raisins (I used cashews and raisins)
- water as needed
Take thick poha in a mixing bowl, add water to it.
Water should little above immersing level.Keep covered and soak for 5-10 mins.If its thin poha then just 5 mins should be enough.Touch and see if its soft but not mushy then its perfect.
Rinse couple of times and drain water.
Now to poha, add coconut,sugar.
Add cardamom powder.Mix well.
Add butter and milk(boiled and warm).Mix well.
Add nuts and raisins.I added broken cashews and raisins.Mix well and serve.
- You can use thick or thin poha.I used thick poha.You can use red aval if you have that too.
- Amma says if you are keeping this for neiveidhyam then she insists to use fresh butter and milk.
- Adjust milk according to the consistency you want.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg