Taak a refreshing maharashtrian buttermilk made with fresh curd best to beat summer.
- 1 cup thick chilled curd
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 no green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp curry leaves finely chopped
To begin with first add fresh curd to a bowl.
Add water to it.
Churn for 2 mins until frothy.
Frothy and creamy.
Add all other ingredients to the churned buttermilk.
Mix it well and set aside.
Heat oil in a tadka pan - add jeera let it crackle then add curry leaves, let it splutter.
Add tadka to buttermilk.
Mix well and serve chilled.
Creamy chilled buttermilk ready!
- If you like mint flavour then add few crushed mint leaves.
- Do not use copper serving glassesto store and serve. There are high chances for it to get spoiled easily.
- Taak is very refreshing and is meant to be had chilled.
- Add black salt for an extra zing.