Nendran chips recipe
Nendran chips recipe crispy and tasty chips made with a Kerala banana variety named nendran
- 2 nos raw nendran banana
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- coconut oil
- to deep fry
Take a bowl add turmeric powder , salt and water.
Mix well, Set aside.Slit the banana skin and peel the skin off.
Keep in immersed in water to avoid darkening.Heat coconut oil in medium flame - Slice it directly in hot oil.The flame should be medium when you slice.
Immediately add prepared turmeric salt water around 2-3 tsp for each batch.
Turn over and fry until the 'shh' sound stops and the chips is light and crisp before you take it out.Take out and drain in tissue paper or paper towel.Cool down and store in airtight container.Repeat to finish.Fry in small batches, do not crowd.
- Make sure to fry only in medium flame.If flame is low then the chips may turn soggy.
- My slicer makes very thin slices just like wafers so each got done in just 2 mins.Keep an eye else it will burn easily.
- Make sure to be a safe distance as while adding turmeric water it may splutter sometimes.
- You can even slice in a plate then add to hot oil if you are a beginner.Keep hands at a safe distance while slicing.Before when I started I used to slice in apalte then add them to deep fry, but we need to be careful as it tends to stick easily.Now after getting used to frying nendran chips, I am frying directly in hot oil.
- Always keep the nendran bananas immersed in water to avoid darkening, amma says we can keep immersed in salt water too.
- Use a slicer that gives thin slices