Wheat flour sweet appam recipe
Wheat flour sweet appam recipe a soft delicious appam made without banana and cooking soda
Servings 12 appams
For jaggery syrup:
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/3 cup water
To a mixing add wheat flour,rice flour and sooji.Strain and add jaggery sryup.
Add salt and cardamom powder.Mix this well first then add water little by little to form a smooth thick batter without any lumps.Heat oil - add a laddle full batter.
Slightly splash oil over the appam it will rise up, flip over fry until golden brown on both the sides.Remove, repeat to finish batter.
- Make sure oil is preheated before pouring the batter.
- The batter should be thick like idli batter consistency.
- Jaggery should be strained to remove impurities.
- Use deep curved laddle four pouring the batter.
- Adding a pinch of salt lifts up the sweetness.