Green chutney recipe
Green Chutney is a must for all chaats, this green chutney can be made in advance and refrigerated upto a week and can be used for making sandwiches, chaats and as a sidedish for samosas,kebabs and tikkis.
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 nos green chilli
- 1 no lemon
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chat masala powder
- salt to taste
- water as needed
Clean mint leaves and coriander leaves.Rinse it well to remove dirt.In a mixer add mint leaves,coriander leaves,chat masala powder,garam masala powder,green chilli,ginger,jeera and required salt.
Add lemon juice.Sprinkle little water and grind to a fine paste.Don't make the chutney too watery.
Serve with kebabs, chaats and sandwiches.
- Adding lemon juice retains the nice fresh green color of the chutney.
- Use a clean spoon everytime.
- You can even add lemon juice after grinding the chutney.
- Replace cumin seeds with jeera powder.
- Have halved the ingredients quantity in the video.