Sheer khurma recipe
Sheer khurma recipe a rich eid dessert made with fine vermicelli and dryfruits and nuts
- 2 cups full fat milk
- 1/2 cup fine vermicelli (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp rose / kewra essence
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 5 strands saffron
- 2 tsp ghee
Nuts and Dry fruits:
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1/2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp dates
- 1 tbsp pista
Heat ghee in a pan add all the nuts and dry fruits fry until golden, remove and set aside.
In the same pan add semiya and fry until golden.
Remove and set aside.To a pan add milk, let it boil simmer for 5 mins.Then add fried dry fruits and nuts(reserve a tbsp for garnish) and semiya.
Mix well and cook.As its fine semiya it gets cooked in just 2 mins so keep an eye.Now add condensed milk, saffron and cardamom powder after its cooked.
Add rose essence. let it simmer until slightly thick and creamy.Switch off and serve!
- The kheer thickens with time so switch it off accordingly.
- Add chiroli nuts if you have it.
You can skip condensed milk and add 1/3 cup sugar too.
- Ghee and malai should float on top at the final stage when you switch off.But don't make it too thick as after cooling it may be become very thick.
- If it gets thick after cooling add 1/2 cup boiled milk but it will reduce the creaminess.