Gur papdi recipe
Gur padi or Sukhdi or Gol papdi recipe a sweet that is made with wheat,ghee and jaggery.
- 1/2 cup wheat flour(atta)
- 1/3 cup grated jaggery
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- a tiny pinch cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
Grate jaggery measure and set aside along with cardamom powder.Chop almonds and keep it ready.Heat ghee in a pan.
Add a pinch of wheat flour and see if it bubbles up then its perfect.Add wheat flour and keep roasting in low flame.
Roast until it turns a little darker in shade may be for 3-5mins.Switch off and keep the pan off the flame. Do all this off the flame :Now add jaggery and cardamom powder.
Mix well until jaggery is evenly mixed.Immediately transfer to a greased tin and level it.
Sprinkle chopped almonds, and using a flat bottomed bowl level it.I used a parchment paper over it then levelled it.
When it is still warm cut with a greased knife.Cut into small squares.Cool down then store.
- After adding jaggery be quick just mix well and transfer and level it else it will crumble and burfi can't be shaped.
- The authentic sukhdi recipe does not use any flavouring so if you want you can even skip cardamom powder.You can even replace cardamom powder with nutmeg powder.
- Use powdered jaggery or grated jaggery so that it gets easily mixed.