Homemade ginger garlic paste recipe
Homemade ginger garlic paste a quite essential item used in regular cooking.
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup garlic skin peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup ginger skin peeled & chopped
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Scrap off the top part then peel the garlic skin, repeat to finish.The garlic pearls I used were quit big so chopped it further.just half or 3 slices per garlic that is enough.
Measure and set aside.Now take ginger peel the skin using a spoon that is very easy and makes sure that only the thin layer of the skin is peeled.
Chop it into smaller pieces.Measure and set aside.
The ratio I use is 1:2(ginger:garlic).Measure after chopping.Add both ginger and garlic to mixer jar, add salt to it.
Add oil to it.Grind it to a fine paste.Store it in a clean dry container.
Refrigerate and use it.Keeps well atleast for 2 months.
- Do not use water while grinding.
- Do not add more oil than mentioned, this is just enough.
- As salt is less you need not be mindful while adding this paste in recipes.
- You can use small garlic too in that case no need to chop.
- Always measure after chopping(if you plan to chop).
- I used normal mixie to make this paste, you can even use food processor.