Sweet corn pulao recipe
Sweet corn pulao recipe a mild flavoured white pulao using sweet corn, easy and quick to make.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3/4 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1 medium sized onion chopped roughly
- 10 nos mint leaves
- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder optional
- Salt to taste
To Temper :
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- one 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 nos cloves
- 1 no cardamom
- 1 no green chillies
- 1 no bayleaf
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for atleast 15-20mins.Then rinse well, drain and keep it ready.
In a pressure cooker heat oil + ghee - temper the items listed under 'to temper' then add onion along with required salt.Saute until golden.
Then add mint leaves, corn, pepper powder and garam masala powders.Give a quick saute.
Add drained rice, gently mix without breaking.Add water.
Pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.Let the pressure release by itself, fluff it up.Add more ghee if you feel dry.Serve hot!
- Make sure you soak the rice for atleast 15 mins....it will give nice fluffy, soft separated rice perfect for pulao / fried rice too.
- Adding mint leaves gives a great flavour.
You can even add 2 tsp cashew paste for a rich pulao.
- Dont compromise on ghee and oil here else rice would turn sticky.
- I used fresh corn,you can use frozen corn kernels too.
- I use India Gate basmati rice...have tried all varieties in it and currently sticking to Tibar.
Cook in medium low flame to avoid burning at the bottom.
You can even temper the items using butter.
- Just fluff it up carefully with a fork after opening without breaking the rice.