Sweet potato kheer recipe
Sweet potato kheer recipe a rich and creamy dessert made with sweet potato.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sweet potato grated
- 1/4 cup cane sugar You can use regular white sugar too
- a fat pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp mixed nuts (I used cashews,almonds,pista)
Pressure cook sweet potato with skin for 1 whistle.Peel off the skin and grate it.Measure 1/2 cup(tightly packed) adnd set aside.
Heat ghee in a pan add mixed nuts fry until golden.Remove and set aside.NOw add grated sweet potato saute for few mins.
Add milk along with saffron and simmer.Keep stirring to avoid burning at the bottom.malai gets collected at the sides, keep scraping and add into the kheer.
Simmer until it becomes slightly thick, add sugar at this stage.Simmer until thick and creamy.
Add ghee fried nuts mix well and switch off.It thickens after cooling so switch off accordingly.
Serve warm / chilled!
- You can even add raw grated sweet potato and cook in milk but takes a little longer time and more milk so I pressure cooked for a whistle then cooked in milk.
- You can use regular white sugar instead of cane sugar.
- I used cows milk, use any milk which is creamy so that it is rich.
- You can add cardamom powder if you like the flavour.
- You can add chiroli nuts too.