Homemade rasam powder recipe
Homemade rasam powder recipe quick and handy
- 1 and 1/2 cups coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup dried red chillies
- 1/2 cup toor dal
- 1/2 cup cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup pepper
In a kadai - dry roast toor dal along with red chillies until golden brown,Set aside. Then add coriander seeds and roast till nice aroma comes,set aside.
Then roast pepper corns, allow it to splutter, set aside then add jeera and roast till slightly browned and aroma comes.
Allow all the ingredients to cool down then transfer the contents to a mixer.
Grind it to a semi fine powder. Cool down completely.
Store in a clean dry airtight container and use it whenever you want to make rasam.
- Amma says roasting the ingredients gives a nice color and increases shelf life too.Grinding rasam powder little coarse gives a nice aroma.No oil needed whil roasting.
- The above quantity makes around 3 cups and it lasts upto 6-7 months for us as we dont make rasam often.
- Always use a clean dry spoon every time.
- You can even use this powder for making any vegetable curries if you like pepper jeera flavour.
- Make sure to cool down completely before you start grinding.