Pori upma recipe
Pori upma recipe a quick and easy snack can be made in few mins
- 1 cup Pori Puffed Rice
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup big onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp raw peanuts
- a pinch turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 2 small red chillies
- a pinch hing
In a pan heat oil in pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter, then add peanuts roast until crisp.Then add onion saute till transparent then add carrot,turmeric powder.
Saute for 2-3 mins.Meanwhile take pori in a strainer.
Rinse it once,squeeze excess water and add it to the pan.Toss it well.Alternatively you can soak for 2 mins then squeeze excess water too.
Serve hot / warm!
- You can use any of your favorite veggies too.You can even add 1 small tomato for a tangy flavour.
- Do not overcook the veggie, let the crunch be there.
- You can even add a 1/2 tsp of lemon juice for a lemony flavour.
- It doesn't give much volume so will serve only one for this quantity.