Moong dal payasam
Moong dal payasam a rich and creamy payasam made with moong dal and coconut milk.
- 1 cup moong dal
- 2 cups water (for cooking moong dal)
For making jaggery syrup:
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1/3 cup water (for melting jaggery)
Dry roast moong dal till nice aroma comes.
Transfer to cooker , add water and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until dal is mushy,
Transfer dal to a pan.Now melt jaggery and water until jaggery completely dissolves.
Strain and add jaggery syrup.Mix well and let it boil for a 5-7 mins.
Add cardamom powder, milk and let it boil for until thick and creamy.Switch off.
Add coconut milk.Heat ghee in a tadka pan, add cashews fry until golden.
Add the fried cashews mix well.Serve hot or warm.
- switch off then add coconut milk.Even if you add coconut milk do not boil else it will curdle.
- Dry roasting moong dal gives a nice flavour so don't skip it.
- You can skip milk and make it fully with coconut milk itself.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg