If your baby is allergic to wheat then take your doctors advice before introducing wheat.
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Whole Wheat Milk Porridge for Babies – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Whole Wheat – 1/3 cup
Water – around 1 cup
Sweetner – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1/4 tsp
- Soak whole wheat overnight.Rinse it well and drain water.
- Transfer the wheat grains to a mixer jar.Add water.
- Grind it , add more water if needed.Transfer to a strainer.
- Press it well with a spoon to extract milk which will be thick.Again do this process to extract 2nd thin milk.Collect the extracted milk in a bowl.
- Now transfer it to a pan.Start cooking in low flame, it will start to thicken and gives a shine.It will take atleast 5-7mins in low flame.
- Add ghee and keep cooking till its thick and coats the laddle.At this stage add any sweetner of your choice.
- Cook for 3-5mins then switch off.
Feed warm along with few drops of ghee or as such.
- You can use any wheat either punjab or samba.I used samba.
- You can skip sweetner and feed it as such too.
- Cook in low flame, make sure it gets cooked well.
- This porridge gets thick after cooling down so switch off accordingly.
- I use jaggery syrup or karupatti syrup.