Last Updated on December 7, 2020
- Mix custard powder and maida, keep aside. Cream butter and sugar until creamy, add vanilla essence to it.
- Now add custard powder, maida to butter sugar mixture and mix well to form smooth dough.Chill the dough for 30mins.
- The dough would be firm by this time. Now pinch off equal bits and roll them into balls and press it lightly with the fork dipped in flour to get the marks on top. Repeat this for the entire dough and place them in the baking tray.
- Chill the biscuits until preheating time. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C for 10mins. Now bake the biscuits for 15-17mins. Allow them to cool completely.
- Now add the ingredients under buttercream and beat well until creamy. Sandwich the cream between 2 biscuits and enjoy your yoyo biscuits. Store it in airtight container.
- Do not be tempted to overbake, it will make the cookies loose the melt in the mouth texture.
- Try to make balls with no cracks, so that your biscuits would be smooth when you press them with fork.The biscuits stay crispy for about a week in room temperature itself.
- You can also keep the buttercream , apply it whenever u need instead of applying and storing it.
- I reduced the sugar level for the cream part as the biscuits are already sweet themselves.You can increase it of you want your cream to be more sweeter.