Many readers and friends have asked about the glassware I use on the stove in my stepwise pictures….so am updating it here…It is borosil glassware which is specifically designed to cook on stove top and also used in oven…It comes with a lid so its easy to cook and store too…I received a pack of 3 in different sizes as a gift from hubby for our last anniversary and am loving it!!
Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Soup | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Sweet Corn kernels – 1/2 cup
Carrot – 1 finely chopped
Beans – 3 chopped finely
Water – 2 cups
Pepper Powder – 1/8 tsp
Cornflour – 2 tsp
Onion – 1 tbsp finely chopped (optional)
Spring Onion – 2 tbsp
Black / White Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Oregano -1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Make all your vegetables ready by chopping it finely. First saute carrot,beans and onion in 1 tsp of oil till raw smell leaves. Boil water in a container when it starts boiling add all the vegetables (except spring onion).
- Allow the vegetables to get cooked….wait till they turn soft yet crunchy enough to bite.Meanwhile mix 1.5 tsp cornflour in 2 tbsp water without any lumps and keep it ready.
- Once the water is reduced a little and veggies have turned soft, add the cornflour mixture stir once. The soup will start to thicken slowly after cornflour mixture is added…At this stage add sugar,pepper powder and give a quick stir.Let it simmer for 3mins.
- Then add oregano mix well.Finally garnish with spring onions and switch off.
While serving garnish with more spring onion, sprinkle pepper powder and serve hot!
- If you get white pepper then use it which tastes best.
- Adjust cornflour according to the desired thickness consistency you want your soup to be.
- You can also add cream style corn along with the vegetables for extra flavour.I had no luck getting it so made my soup with easily available ingredient in my pantry.
- You can also add cabbage instead of onion.Add it along with carrot and beans wile sauteing. Sauteing the veggies before is purely optional but it will avoid the raw smell of the veggies so I always do it.