Apple Puree can be given to babies from 4th month itself(only if you opt to start solids at this month).I have already posted apple puree recipe but this is steamed version with milk.Apple is one of the first few fruits best to be introduced to babies.It is also a good laxative so helps for easy digestion.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Steamed Apple Puree for Babies – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Apple – 1 small
Milk * – 2 tsp
- Take a small apple, wash it well.Cut it, remove the skin and seeds.
- Chop it roughly into cubes.Take it in the steamer,steam cook for 10mins or until soft.
- When you prick with a knife / spoon it should easily go inside.This is the right stage, switch off and cool down.Then take it in the blender, add milk.
- Blend it until smooth and creamy.
- Cook apple until it is soft, you can see the transparency or just press and see to check if it has cooked to perfection.
- Adjust the quantity of milk according to the consistency you want.
- If you plan to feed this puree in the 4th month then I recommend adding breast milk.
- You can add breast milk / formula milk / fresh milk to make this puree.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.
- You can even feed this daily or 5 days a week as a mid day snack.