Mittu loves anything with curd so this was sure a treat for her.I have already posted Mango Shrikhand years back and now this Kesar Shrikhand adds on to our favourite list of desserts too.
Shrikhand Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Thick Curd – 2 cups
Powdered Sugar – 5 tbsp
Rose Essence – little less than 1/4 tsp
Saffron – 5 strands
Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
Pistachios – 4 chopped
- Take curd in a thin cloth and hang it for atleast 2 hrs for the water to drain completely.The curd should be thick with no excess water.
- Soak saffron in warm milk and set aside.Transfer hung curd to a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar,
- Whisk it well without any lumps.Then add cardamom powder,saffron milk and whisk well.
- Finally add rose essence and mix well.Refrigerate until serving time.Garnish with nuts of your choice and serve,
Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Use thick curd to get more quantity of hung curd.
- Adjust sugar as per your preference.
- You can add a mix of chopped nuts of your choice.Mittu is not fond of nuts so I just garnished it.You can even mix it with curd.
- After refrigerating it becomes even more thick.
- Use curd that is not sour.