Rice Krispies Treats Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Rice Krispies – 1 and 1/2 cups
Unsalted Butter – 2 tbsp
Brown Sugar – 1/4 cup
Honey – 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- In a sauce pan add butter, then add brown sugar and honey.
- Add vanilla essence.Heat it for few mins till it starts to melt.Strain to remove impurities if any,this step of straining is purely optional.
- Now take this syrup in the sauce pan and boil in medium low flame for 1 minute.Measure and keep rice krispies ready.
- Add the syrup, mix well so that the syrup coats the crispies well.Grease a tray with little butter and make it ready.
- Spoon into the pan, take a bowl with flat base grease with butter and press it to get a evenly spread top.Let it set for 30mins or you can fasten the process by refrigerating it for 10mins.
- Cut into bars.Refrigerate until serving time.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate it.
- These bars tend to melt if kept in room temperature for long hours so refrigerate them.
- Keeps well in fridge for about -5 days.
- You can add chopped nuts and dryfruits too.
- These are mildy sweet just like energy bars.