You can make sweet version by adding coconut,sugar and cardamom powder.
Other Poha / Aval Upma Recipes :
Red Poha Upma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Coconut – 3 tbsp grated
Green Chilli – 1/2
Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves- a small sprig
Hing – a tiny pinch
- Measure and take poha.Rinse it once, then soak in water once the water is absorbed,fluff it up and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it crackle.Meanwhile grind coconut and green chillies to a coarse mixture without adding water.
- Now add coconut mixture,add required salt and saute for few mins until raw smell leaves.
- Now add poha,saute for a minute add idli molaga podi toss it well for few mins.
Serve hot / warm!
- Do not add more water, then it will become soggy.Just add water till immersing level.
- You can even add onion while sauteing.
- You can even add a 1/2 tsp of lemon juice for a lemony flavour.
- You can replace coconut oil with gingelly oil too.
- You can replace green chillies with red chillies.
- The spice powder I have used here is already spicy so I added just 1/2 green chilli, you can adjust according to your preference.