This Raw Banana Powder is a staple baby food in Kerala.I saw this in many websites when I was googling for more baby food recipes.Then coincidentally my neighbor was also telling me the health benefits of Nendran banana, and also this helps in healthy weight gain and supplies all the essential nutrients required for the baby.
You can start this Nendran Banana porridge after 6 months.
Raw Banana Powder Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Raw Nendran Banana(Kerala Raw Banana) – 3
- Take the raw bananas,trim both the edges.Then slit it in the rims then peel off the skin.
- Peel off the skin from all the 3 bananas and keep it ready.Using a slicer slice it as thin as possible.
- See how thin it is,the thinner the slices it will get dried up quickly.Let it get dried up in hot sun.
- It took 2 days to get dried up fully.Transfer it to a mixer, powder it fine.
- Use a fine sieve to sieve it.Discard the coarse seed part.Cool down then store in a clean airtight container.
- The porridge mix powder keeps well for 3 months in room temperature itself.
- Make sure the slices are dried completely before grinding.
- My neighbor suggested to remove the seeds before slicing.Slit open in the center then remove the seeds,then slice and dry it.As my bananas were a bit tender, I skipped that step.But as you can see the seeds were all sieved and discarded.
- Make sure to remove the seeds as it might affect baby’s tummy if given at a earlier stage that is after 6 months.