Check out other Ladoo Recipes:
Rava Ladoo Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Rava(Sooji) – 1/2 cup
Coconut Flakes(Dessicated Coconut) – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
Cashews- 1 tbsp broken roughly
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Take sugar in a mixer, grind it to a fine powder,Set aside.Roast rava till nice aroma rises, don’t let it brown.Switch off and cool down for a while.
- Transfer to a mixer jar and grind it a slightly fine powder.Measure coconut flakes and keep it ready.
- In a mixing bowl – take powdered sugar,rava and dessicated coconut and mix well.Chop cashews and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee, measure and keep aside.In the same pan fry raisins till it plumps up then fry cashews till golden brown.
- Add the fried nuts and raisins to rava mixture along with cardamom powder and mix well with a laddle.Now take ghee.
- Add little by little and keep mixing.Break the lumps and keep mixing.
- Shape them into small ladoos.Cool down and store in airtight container.
Keeps well for 5 days in room temperature itself!
- Adding hot ghee helps in rolling the balls tight.
- I usually don’t add the entire ghee, add little by little so that we can have control over ghee.
- You can even add rava as such without grinding.
- If you don’t get dessicated coconut, then use fresh coconut but roast it till slightly golden then add it.But ladoo using fresh coconut has less shelf life.
- You can even add half and half milk and ghee.But when milk is added rava becomes soft with ghee it is crisp always.
- The ladoo keeps well for 5-6 days in room temperature.