Pumpkin Puree can be started once the baby completes 6 months.Pumpkin has good fiber and its laxative too so ideal to feed babies from 6months.Begin by introducing in small quantities whenever you start new vegetables or fruits.Also try to introduce all possible fruits and vegetables with 1 yr age of your baby.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Pumpkin Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Pumpkin – 1/2 cup chopped
Water – 1 cup
- Scrap out the skin,cut out the seed and discard them.Wash it well then cut into small pieces roughly.
- Rinse it again.Take the cut pieces in a sauce pan along with water and cook covered.Cook in low medium flame until it becomes soft.
- If you mash it with a spoon it should easily mash,thats the right stage.Puree it along with cooked water.I used a blender, you can even use a mixie or just mash with a spoon.
- Cook the veggie until it is soft, just press and see to check if it has cooked.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.
- You can add salt if you prefer.
- The texture of the puree is purely your preference, I used a blender to get tiny chunky pieces here and there as he likes it that way.As he is 10months old now, I prefer that way too.
- You can even use a mixie to get a smooth creamy puree.
- Gradually change texture of fruit and vegetable purees as your baby learns to chew.
- Your baby’s poop will be slightly orange in colour after having this puree.Do not panic seeing that, it is because of pumpkin.
- Make fresh puree.I don’t recommend freezing any baby food purees.
- You can feed this twice a week.