Podi Uthappam Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Dosa Batter – as needed
- Heat dosa tawa.Take a laddle full of dosa batter and pour on the tawa, do not spread.Keep covered and cook for a minute until you see the top half cooked.
- Turn over and cook.Flip over to other side.Don’t make it crispy.Get all your uthappams ready.
- Now take your idli podi.Add gingelly oil to it and mix well.Now spread the podi mixture on the uthappams.
- Use to spoon to spread it.Stack and pack it.
- You can even sprinkle podi while the uthappam is getting half cooked,flip over and cook.But I prefer this spreading way for travel.
- This uthappam stays soft for 6 hrs atleast.
- Do not cook the uthappams in high flame and make it crisp.It should be soft and spongy.
- Cook covered to get soft uthappams.