So what are u waiting for…..no veggies in stock try this sandwich with the ingredients that are sure to be in your pantry!
Onion Mint Sandwich Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Bread slices – 4 ( I usually use wheat bread)
Urad dhal – 2 tsp
Mint (Pudhina) leaves – 3 tbsp
Finely chopped onion – 1
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – a pinch
Sambhar powder – 2 tsp (optional)
Ghee – to toast
1. In 1 tsp of oil, add urad dhal, let it temper then add mint leaves and saute well till the leaves are crushed, add few drops of water and grind it to a fine paste. keep it aside.
[Though this is not the original recipe for pudhina chutney, this goes well with sandwiches]
2. Drizzle oil, add onion, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sambhar powder and saute till the onions turn light brown.
3. Take 2 bread slices and apply the mint paste on both the slices on one side.
4. Place the onion filling in between the 2 slices and press it.
5. Toast it with ghee in a toaster or in dosa pan.
You can substitute the mint leaves with corriander leaves…..It tastes gud too! ‘Just not any other dish’.