Oats Crackers are crispy, savoury biscuits made by baking a blend of grind oats, wheat, sesame seeds & butter. Oats Crackers are healthy alternate to the junk snacks and is one of the tasty forms of oats.
Oats Crackers!! – Yayy finally I made my batch of oats savory crackers and totally loved it. I have already given a try with oats cookies and savory crackers was always in my mind. I happened to see this recipe in Good Food Magazine June Issue and immediately made it the next day with my own changes here and there. There is no butter and even no baking powder / baking soda.
It is healthy with the addition of olive oil and wheat flour. These savory crackers are perfect to munch during teatime and can be packed to kids snack box too….Have I tempted you enough to get ready with ur aprons to start baking?!
If you have any more questions about this Oats Crackers Recipe do mail me at [email protected] In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Oats Crackers Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 1 cup wheat flour / atta
- ½ cup oats powdered coarsely
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter add more if you prefer crispy crackers
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- salt per taste
- ½ tsp baking powder
- water as required to knead the dough
- ln a bowl add the wheat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add garlic paste, sesame seeds.
- Combine well, add oil. Melt the butter little (mine got melted by itself after I took it out from chiller due to this scorching summer))and add at this stage.
- Add water little by little to form a thick chapati like dough. Keep aside undisturbed for 30mins.
- Divide the dough into half.
- Roll each half thin and cut into squares or sticks. Combine the scrapings and repeat the same with the other half too.
- Preheat oven to 180C for 10 mins.
- Place the squares on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the crackers are crisp. The baking time depends on the thickness of the squares and the oven settings.
- Un-shelf the tray and carefully take out the Oats Crackers!
- Store in a air tight container. It can be stored up to a week.
- I recommend adding at least 2tbsp butter.
Oats Crackers Step by Step
- In a mixing bowl – add oats,wheat flour, salt and give a quick whisk. Then add all the other ingredients except water.
- Mix well it will look crumbly then add water slowly little by little to form a dough.If it doesnt gather together then add little more water. It will not be pilable dont worry about that.
- Preheat the oven at 175 deg C for 10 mins.Meanwhile lay a butter paper on a rolling board and take half of the dough and roll it to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.Gather the extras , combine with remaining dough and repeat the same process. Prick holes with a fork to avoid the crackers from puffing.Transfer the crackers to the baking tray with butter paper.Brush the crackers with milk / oil.
- Then bake the crackers at the same temperature for 20mins or until the crackers are golden brown.Cool down and store in aritight container.
Serve as a teatime snack.
I munched these crackers with lemon tea 🙂 The crackers are absolute delight, they are crispy and crunchy, making it perfect for teatime.What are you waiting for now?! Make your own batch of crackers!
- It was a bit tough while rolling dont worry just flour the butter paper and the rolling pin and then start rolling. You can even separate the dough into equal parts and then roll them individually as I did.
- I have a suggestion here though the orginal recipe called to add oats as such I though we can give a coarse grind and then add it to make the rolling easier.I am going to try this way next time, will sure update here after that.
- The flavour is totally your choice : you can even add a tsp of sesame seeds / onion / italian seasoning as per your preference.
- You can even roll then even more thinner.