I made this mochai sundal today, its the usual sundal recipe but as a variation replaced coconut with carrots, it was crunchy and tasty.I just wanted variation and thats the only reason I added carrots otherwise I don’t mind adding coconut 🙂
I loved this sundal, the spice level was well balanced with carrots.delicious and healthy snack ready in few minutes.I had this along with my breakfast, it was so filling.
Mochai Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
- Soak beans overnight.Trim the edges,peel the skin then grate carrot and set aside.
- Rinse it well then transfer to pressure cooker with turmeric powder,required salt and enough water.
- Pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles in medium flame or until soft but not mushy.Drain water and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it crackle, then add carrot.
- Saute for 2mins then add cooked beans,toss it well,Then add sundal powder.
- Add required salt, saute for few mins.Then toss it and switch off.
Serve hot or warm.
- You can even temper jeera for extra flavour.
- You can replace sundal powder with idli miladai podi too.
- I used the dried mochai variety.