Makhana ladoo recipe a quick and healthy ladoo made with phool makhana,nuts and jaggery.
Phool makhana ia great source of protein, carbohydrates etc so very good for growing kids.I always have a pack of makhana at home to make roasted makhana snack as and now when the kids demand for it.
Last time hubby bought extra 2 packs not knowing there was already a pack in pantry.So tried this phool makhana ladoo and it was a instant hit.As makhana is a bit bland added nuts which gave more flavour to the ladoo.
- 2 and 1/2 cups phool makhana
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 3 tsp ghee
For jaggery syrup:
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1/4 cup water
- Add 2 tsp ghee, dry roast makhana till crisp. Break and check if its crisp. Powder it coarsely and set aside.
- In the same pan add peanuts roast till crisp, peel off the skin and set aside.
- Add almonds and cashews. Roast till brown spots appear, add it along with peanuts and powder it.
- Heat jaggery with little water, first let it melt completely. Then check for a thin single thread consistency. Switch off.
- Strain and add the syrup to the pan. Add makhana powder and nuts powder. Mix well cook for 2 mins then switch off.
- When its warm enough to handle, add remaining 1 tsp ghee mix well then shape them as ladoos. Repeat to finish. Enjoy Makhana Ladoo!
- Make sure you switch off exactly at thin single thread consistency else you will not able to make ladoos. The syrup will tend to harden if you pass that stage.
- Also when its still warm start shaping, do not cool down the mixture completely.
- You can add cardamom powder if you want for flavour.
- You can even reduce jaggery syrup and add raisins or dates to give natural sweetness.
How to make makhana ladoo recipe:
- Add 2 tsp ghee, dry roast makhana till crisp.Break and check if its crisp.Powder it coarsely and set aside.
- In the same pan add peanuts roast till crip, peel off the skin and set aside.Add almonds and cashews.Roast till brown spots appear, add it along with peanuts and powder it.
- Heat jaggery with little water,first let it melt completely.Then check for a single thread consistency.Switch off.
- Strain and add the syrup to the pan.Add makhana powder and nuts powder.Mix well cook for 2 mins then switch off.
- When its warm enough to handle,add remaining 1 tsp ghee mix well then shape them as ladoos.Repeat to finish.
- Store in airtight container.Keeps well for a week.
Tasty makhana nuts ladoo ready.Best for that 11am snack time 🙂