Though not incidental , I luv the pic below with mittus hands, Isnt it cute? :)) She enjoyed the kajus as well.And wishing all my readers a very happy and safe diwali. Enjoy, have fun and most importantly play safe!
Kaju Katli Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Cashews – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – just to the level of sugar immerses (5 tbsp)
Ghee – 1 tsp
- Dry your mixer completely without any moisture and wetness. Now grind the cashew to a fine powder.
- Grease the back of a flat plate with few drops of ghee and keep it ready. Grease the chapathi roller with remaining ghee.
- Take half cup sugar in a thick wide bottomed pan(preferably non-stick), and pour 5tbsp of water till it get immersed. Mix well till sugar is dissolved completely. Simmer and then keep checking continuously.
- The sugar syrup will become sticky, take a drop and check. Second stage is, If you pour few drops in a plate containing water, it should lay a fine thread that doesn’t gets dissolved immediately.Therefore the required stage for Kaju Katli is just before the stage of ‘Single String Consistency’.
- This is the stage , now add the cashew powder and mix well. Dont allow any lumps to be formed, break them incase they are formed.Keep in low flame itself and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. The dough will be non sticky and when u take a small piece, roll and see, it should form a very flexible ball as shown in the above pic, it shouldnt break.
Now switch off , allow it to cool for 5mins. Then knead it till a soft dough is formed then transfer this to the greased plate and roll them evenly of 1/4 inch thickness with chappathi roller. Cut them into diamonds and store them in air tight container.
- The sugar syrup and the cashew dough consistency is very important, if it becomes a bit thicker than mentioned, then your katlis would be difficult to roll as they will tend to break.
- You can alternatively use a greased sheet of silver foil which would actually be mess free.
- This recipe for the above given measurement will yield medium sized 10-13 katlis. I am sure kids will love it!