- Wash the veggie first.Trim the edges then Scrap the outerskin of the snakegourd , discard them.Then cut each snakegourd into 3 to 4 pieces like tubes as shown.
- Then cut them into half vertically as shown below.
- Then cut each piece into half vertically.Then scrap off the white portion carefully.Discard the white part.Do this for all the tubes.
- Then stack the cut pieces and slice the snakegourd into thin slices.
- Then chop them finely…..we chop it like this for poriyal / kootu / podimas. If you prefer you can stop with the previous step and proceed with the recipe.
Squeeze out excess water before cooking.
- Chopping the veggie depends on the recipe.
- Dont forget to squeeze the excess water before you cook the veggie.