Green Chana Sundal is a nutritious, tasty snack made by tempering overnight soaked chana with coconut, spices and onion. Green Chana Sundal is a healthy snack for evening tea time compared to the packed biscuits and is quick to make. Green Chana Sundal is a must try during Navarathri.
The first time I heard about this Hara Chana or Green Chana was from my cousin, so this year I bought a small pack to try a simple sundal with it.It tastes similar to brown channa so you can try this for a change for Navratri.
If you have any more questions about this Hara Chana Sundal Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Hara Chana Sundal Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Hara Chana Sundal | Green Chana Sundal
- 1/2 cup green channa
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp split urad dal
- few few curry leaves
- 1 no red chilli
- a pinch hing
To coarse grind:
- 3 tbsp coconut
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- 1 small green chilli
- Soak chana for 6 to 8 hrs or overnight. Rinse well and add to pressure cooker along with salt and 3/4 cup water.
- Pressure cook for 6 whistles in low medium flame. Press and check if its easily mashable, set aside.
- In a kadai heat oil add items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.
- Add cooked chana along with water(do not drain). Let it cook for few mins so that water is absorbed.
- To a mixer jar add coconut, jeera and green chilli, grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Add it and give a quick toss. Cook until raw smell leaves.
- Finally add coconut oil, give a quick mix. Switch off.
- Serve Green chana sundal hot or warm.
How to make Hara Chana Sundal
- Soak channa for 6 to 8 hrs or overnight.Rinse well and add to pressure cooker along with salt and 3/4 cup water.
- Pressure cook for 6 whistles in low medium flame.Press and check if its easily mashable,set aside.In a kadai heat oil add items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Add cooked channa along with water(do not drain).Let it cook for few mins so that water is absorbed.To a mixer jar add coconut,jeera and green chilli, grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Add it and give a quick toss.Cook until raw smell leaves.Finally add coconut oil, give a quick mix.Switch off.
Serve hot or warm.
Try this tasty and healthy sundal with green chana and enjoy!
Leave a Reply