Gobi 65 Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Cauliflower – 25 medium sized florets
Maida – 2 tbsp
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Thick curd – 3 tbsp
Red color – a pinch (optional)
Turmeric powder – a pinch(optional)
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Raw Onion Slices – 2 to 3
Salt – as required
Oil – to deep fry
- Cut cauliflower into small bite sized pieces. Allow it to boil in water with little salt and turmeric powder.Make sure to only to half cook cauliflower(it should be firm enough to bite). Drain water completely and set aside.In a mixing bowl, add maida,cornflour, curd, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder.
- Mix well until a semi runny paste is formed( sprinkle little water if needed.) Add the cooked cauliflower florets and marinate it for 15-20 mins until the gobis are coated well with the batter.Heat oil in a kadai, deep fry the gobis.
- Fry until crisp and golden brown. Finally fry curry leaves crisp and add it to the fried gobis.
Garnish gobi 65 with curry leaves and raw onions and serve hot. You can even sprinkle little amchur / chat masala powder while serving for an extra punch 🙂
- You can also fry greenchillies with curry leaves and garnish it.
- I add turmeric powder with cauliflower while boiling but its purely optional.
- Make sure the batter is slightly pastey with running consistency else it will not stick to the cauliflower.
- You can even fry cauliflower without paroiling but I prefer parboiling for the batter to coat well.