Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Ginger Chutney Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Ginger Chutney – 1/4 inch piece
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Red Chillies – 2 small
Salt – to taste
Water – as needed
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Split Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
- Take coconut,red chillies,ginger and tamarind in the mixer, add little water and grind it to a little semi coarse paste.Heat oil in a pan – add mustard seeds let it splutter then add urad dal and roast till golden.
- Then add curry leaves,transfer this tadka to the chutney and mix well.Add required salt and mix well.
Serve hot with idli, dosa or uttapam.
- Do not add more tamarind.
- Adding gingelly oil(nallennai) while tempering gives good flavour.
- You can add an extra red chilli if you prefer spicy chutney.