I made one popsicle alone with the popsicle mould lid just for mittus sake as she loves it that way.I was really surprised to see her enjoying the falooda popsicle.Oh yeah I am putting my popsicle moulds to full use and I am loving the feel of demoulding each popsicle every single time….Its a wow factor for me , its me who gets excited more than mittu when I see the popsicle out clean 🙂
The first time when my uncle insisted me to taste it, I first digged inside to check if there are any fruits….yes I cant tolerate any fruits in my icecreams during my childhoos days and the habit hasn’t changed a bit even now.I like few fruits in my desserts but with icecream its a big time no for me.
When I made custard powder icecream to post here, I also planned to make use of the icecream either for falooda or for jigarthanda but the icecream was so yummy that it got over in no time so the thought of making falooda popsicle popped up and we loved it.
Falooda Popsicle Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Make jelly as per the instructions in the pack or you can use 1 gm china grass and fruit essence with food color to make jelly as I did.Add sugar while mixing,Then add rose milk essence and sugar to milk and mix well.
- Get ready with your ingredients.Crush the jelly with spoon and make it ready.Now take your popsicle mould – First add jelly, then add a spoon of soaked sabja seeds.
- Then add a spoon of semiya.Finally add rose milk till it reaches the rim of the popsicle mould.Give a quick stir with a spoon.
- Cling wrap it with aluminum foil,Carefully prick with a knife then insert icecream sticks.Alternately you can even close it with your popsicle mould lid itself.I made one with the popsicle lid just for mittus sake.Freeze it for atleast 8 hrs or even overnight.Then take it out and carefully show the outer surface under tap running water.Carefully pull out the popsicles.
- If you are serving only1-2 popsicles at a time and want the rest to be stored then again close it with aluminum foil and freeze it.
- I was skeptical whether the layers would demould easily so I mixed it with a spoon and also for the rose milk layer to give a coat evenly till the bottom layer.
- I thought you can mix everything in a bowl and then pour it onto moulds, this way it will be even more easy.
- You can even use cherries chopped.
- Adjust the quantity of each layer as you prefer.
- You can use readymade jelly or make jelly at home.
- I used china grass and strawberry essence to make the jelly like texture.
- I used rosemilk essence(Bakers brand) so had to add sugar seperately.If you are using rosemilk syrup then it will have sugar so adjust accordingly.
- I used normal semiya but if you get the fine variety use that which is perfect for falooda.