I made this cake in Feb for our wedding anniversary but didnt post it as I reserved the post for Rajis birthday tomorrow 🙂 as she loves coffee cake too. I kept up this surprise as I tend to spill the beans everytime I talk to her ;). Yes I cant keep secrets with friends even when surprises are called for…but finally did it for her 🙂
Happy Birthday dear Raji!!
Raji never fails to amaze me everytime she posts a recipe. She is my best critic when it comes to food photography which has made me improve so much. My guru when it comes to DSLR doubts, we both have the same brand so discuss even the technical specifications of the camera.
So here is a virtual treat for your birthday , hope you enjoy it and have a great day tomorrow!
- Sieve maida, baking powder , cocoa and coffee powder twice for even mixing and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk, vanilla essence, butter, sugar, condensed milk and mix well until sugar completely dissolves. Now add the sieved maida mixture little by little and mix well until a creamy batter without lumps is formed.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins. Grease the baking tin with butter and maida, tap the excess flour, pour the batter in the tin such that the batter is more than 1/2 or close to 3/4th of the tin and bake it for 35-40mins.
- Insert a fork in the middle of the cake to check if the cake is done. If it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
- Allow it to cool for 10mins then invert the tin, the cake will demould itself perfectly.
- You can add 3tbsp of coffee powder and omit coco powder completely.
- It is a teatime snack cake so it is mildy sweet. You can increase the sugar to 1.5 cups if you want the cake to taste like the regular cakes.
- You can also add chocolate sauce as topping or have the cake as such.
- The coffee and chocolate(coco) flavour compliments each other so well.
- Choose a tin such that the batter is more than 1/2 or close to 3/4th of the tin.
Coffee flavour is everyones favourite at home except amma but she too enjoyed the cake as it had the chocolate flavour in it. If you like ur cake to be mildly sweet with the soft texture then this is for u. And must say, it is for all choco coffee lovers!