Egg Pori is a delicious masala snack made by tempering onions, masala powders & spices and blending it with scrambled eggs and puffed rice. Egg pori is a wonderful choice for snack or dinner and will be liked by the entire family. How to make Egg Pori is described in this recipe with step by step pictures.
Egg pori is a quick snack or breakfast recipe made with puffed rice and eggs.
The idea of egg pori came to my mind when I had a craving for egg bhel so immediately got into action. Though this is not the taste of egg bhle it did satsify my cravings as for now, but I will surely share the recipe for egg bhel too soon.Till then try this easy recipe and enjoy!
More upma recipes
If you have any more questions about this egg pori recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this egg pori recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 3 cups pori
- 3 nos eggs
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 cup onion
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- a small sprig curry leaves
- 1 no green chilli
- Heat oil in a kadai add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter. Add onion along with salt.
- Saute till transparent along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Saute for a minute.
- Crack open all the eggs in a separate bowl- this is to check if the eggs are not rotten. Add them to the kadai along with crushed pepper powder. Scramble it.
- Cook until egg is scrambled completely then add puffed rice. Mix well.
- Serve Egg Pori hot!
How to make Egg Pori
- Heat oil in a kadai add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Add onion along with salt.
- Saute till transparent along with turmeric powder,red chilli powder and garam masala powder.Saute for a minute.
- Crack open all the eggs in a seperate bowl- this is to check if the eggs are not rotten.Add them to the kadai along with crushed pepper powder.Scramble it.
- Cook until egg is scrambled completely then add puffed rice.Mix well.
Egg pori ready to be served!
Leave a Reply