Easy Potato Fry Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Split Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 2 to 3 tsp
- Pressure cook potatoes until soft say for about 3-4 whistles. Peel of the skin and cut into bite sized pieces and keep aside.Heat oil in a kadai(I used iron kadai, you can use on stick too) – add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves – allow it to crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for a minute. Then add onions and fry till golden brown. Add the cooked cut potatoes, add turmeric, chilli,sambar, garam masala powders and give a quick stir.
- Give a stir and fry until the potatoes turn golden brown. Turn over to cook evenly on all sides.
Serve with rasam and rice. It goes well with curd rice too – my fav combo 🙂
- Add ginger and garlic while adding potatoes to reduce gastric problems.
- While tempering you can add replace urad dhal with jeera / fennel seeds(sombu).
- The advantage of using a nonstick kadai is that even if you add less oil the veggies get roasted well.