Bread Halwa – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Milk Bread – 5 slices
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashews – 5 whole (broken)
- Trim the edges of bread slices and cut into small squares,Set aside.Add half of ghee in a pan and heat it.Add the bread pieces.
- Keep roasting till it is golden brown.Add milk first add 1/2 cup mash it well.Then add another 1/2 cup.
- Let it get cooked for a min.Then mash it well with the laddle.Now add sugar.
- It will start to turn goey.At this stage slowly add ghee, little by little and keep mixing.Reserve a tsp of ghee alone.
- Once it starts to leave the sides of the pan.It is the right stage, now fry cashews in a tsp of ghee till golden and add it.Give a quick mix and switch off.
Serve hot / warm.
- Roast the bread pieces till golden brown.
- Don’t compromise on ghee, then you will not the desired halwa texture and consistency.
- When it turns into a mass, ghee will start to ooze out at the sides thats the correct stage to switch off.
- The final consistency should be goey not thick.
- Keeps well for 2 days if refrigerated.While serving just heat it and serve.
- I used milk bread, you can use normal bread too but make sure you increase sugar.