Double Beans Masala Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Red Double Beans – 3/4 cup
Sundal Podi – 2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp grated
Salt – to taste
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
Dry Red Chillies – 2 small
- Soak double beans overnight.Rinse it well then tranfer to pressure cooker with enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame or until soft but not mushy.Drain water and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it crackle, then add cooked beans.
- Toss it and cook for 2 mins until extra water in the bean is absorbed.Now add sundal powder and toss it well.
- Add required salt, mix well then add grated coconut, cook for 2mins then switch off.
Serve hot or warm.
- You can even temper jeera for extra flavour.
- Soaking for 5 hrs is enough but I usually soak overnight so that its soft.
- I used the red variety,you can even use the white variety double beans.
- Make sure there is no standing water while adding sundal podi else the sundal will become sticky.