Trust me when I had a spoon full of chocolate oats it was like eating Cadbury Fruit & Nut..No no I am not overrating it, as it had chocochips,almonds and raisins it tasted exactly like the Cadbury Chocolate. I loved this bowl full of goodness.So I dont want to name it as a porridge so just chocolate oats sometimes the name does matter too atleast to make it tempting right?!
I still remember making this in a hurry burry when I was about to start for the Hindu metroplus photoshoot. Yes before my mind changes I wanted to implement the idea 🙂 Add some coco powder to your regular oatmeal and there you go with a great chocolatey breakfast for the day…Start the day with chocolate and enjoy!!
Chocolate Oats Recipe
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup
Oats – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Coco powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla Custard powder – 1/2 tsp
Chocochips – 1/2 tsp
Raisins – 5
Almonds – 5 chopped into small pieces
Chocolate Shavings / Semiya – 1/2 tsp
- First take custard powder and coco powder in a bowl and add little milk to form a smooth paste without any lumps,Set aside. Now heat 1.5 cups milk , add sugar and let it boil.
- Add custard powder coco paste and mix well, use a whisk to avoid lumps.Now add oats and let it cook.
- Once oats turns soft, switch off.While serving add 1/2 cup milk and give a quick stir. Top it with any dry fruits and nuts of your choice.
Serve hot / warm.
- Once coco cornflour / custard powder mixture is added it starts getting thick so add oats quickly.Use a whisk and keep mixing to avoid lumps.
- Replace custard powder with 1/2 tsp cornflour and a drop of vanilla essence incase if you dont have custard powder.
- Adjust sugar quantity according to your taste.
- Tastes great with chilled milk too.
- Add any fruit of your choice.This is just my idea, feel free to modify according to your preference.
- Oats porridge usually get thick quickly so while serving add milk to get porridge consistency.
- Add a tsp of honey while serving.
- I used quaker quick cooking oats.If you are using rolled oats / other variety of oats then adjust the milk quantity to cook oats.
- You can even cook oats in water and then add to milk but I prefer cooking oats in milk itself.