Carrot Puree can be given to babies after 4 months.This carrot puree is very easy to make and nutritious too.I have already posted carrot potato puree using pressure cooking method, this version of carrot puree is steaming method.Steam Cooking is best for babies as it retains the nutrients.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Steamed Carrot Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Carrot – 1 small
Water – as required
- Wash carrot.Trim the edges,Peel off the skin.Chop them roughly into small pieces.
- Rinse it once.Transfer to your steamer plate and steam cook for 10mins or until soft.The knofe should easily run when you prick it, thats the right stage.Switch off and cool down.
- Transfer to a mixer jar, add little water and grind it to a smooth puree.
- Add water according to the consistency you want.
- You can add salt if you prefer.
- You can mash it with spoon and feed too.
- Your baby’s poop will be orange in colour after having this puree.Do not panic seeing that, it is because of the carrots.
- Make fresh puree.I don’t recommend freezing aby baby food purees.
- You can feed this twice / thrice a week.