Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Have u ever tasted Iyengar bakery bread sandwiches?! If not do give a try and am sure you will not regret and will ask for more. I just love them so much and when I saw the recipe I wanted to give a try instantly. Its easy, quick and tasty sure a must try for all bread lovers like me 🙂
- Heat oil, add onions and green chillies. Saute until onions turn golden brown. Add tomatoes,carrot and capsicum, saute till raw smell leaves.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute for 3-4mins. Add a tbsp of tomato ketchup, give a quick stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off. Now the stuffing for sandwich is ready.
- Toast bread slices until slightly cripy with a tsp of ghee. Apply tomato sauce on one side then spoon out the vegetable stuffing and spread it on the sauce. Your open sandwich is ready
- You can make it as a regular sandwich also by spreading the vegetable stuffing between two slices of bread with tomato sauce applied on one side of the slice.
- You can add any vegetable of your choice, you can even include tomato if you like them.
- You can either make it as open sandwich(iyengar bakery style) or make it as a sandwich in sandwich maker and enjoy them.
- The vegetables should not be mushy, it should be crunchy and firm enough to bite.
- Toasting slightly is enough, it need not be very crispy.You can use wheat(brown) bread too.
This is easy to fix up with very less effort(so sure my kind of recipe) and yet a tasty snack for kids. If you are packing up you can make it as a sandwich and enjoy them.
The vegetables are your choice, but the iyengar bakery sandwiches uses these veggies I used them too 🙂