I baked this banana bread long back and this was lying in my drafts for almost an year. Yesterday when I was browsing my drafts I found this and thought this should be attended sooner 🙂 As nags says even I felt this recipe inbetween a cake and bread, however it tasted too good and got vanished in a day 🙂
- First mash the banana well and set aside. In a wide bowl cream butter(at room temperature) and sugar, beat well.
- Once the sugar is completely blended with the butter, add the eggs and beat it well until fluffy(I just used hand whisk). Add vanilla essence, mix once.
- Now add the mashed up banana, salt and mix well. Add the flour in portions and mix well until combined well.Finally add in the chopped walnuts.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile grease the pan and after the preheating time, pour the batter into greased pan and bake it for 40-45mins.
- Test by inserting a fork / knife in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then ur cake is ready. Cool completely then cut into slices and serve.
- I misplaced the bread loaf pan 🙁 so baked it in a normal square pan which was a bit bigger in size so the batter didnt come even to 1/2 of the pan so looks like not raisen in height.But tastewise no compromise very soft and yummy.
- Increase sugar upto 3/4 cup as per your preference and banana variety.
- I didnt use any electric beater to beat the eggs as said in the orginal recipe.
This recipe yielded me around 10-12 slices / pieces. It tasted too good by itself but if you wish , you can add any simple frosting.