I always admire the pics at Veg Bowl and love MD’s writing style, I never miss to read them.She is one of my fav and inspiring bloggers and a good friend too. I did the guest post weeks back at Vegbowl and here is the recipe.Coming to baby corn pulao recipe, I recently tried this , it was a instant hit at home so thought to share it with you all.
Baby Corn Pulao Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Water – 1.5 cups
Baby Corn – 8 cut into small pieces
Big Onion – 1 cut lengthwise
Curd – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Bayleaf – 1/2
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 2
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Big Onion – 1 chopped roughly
Garlic – 5 pearls
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Turmeric powder – a genrous pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Dhania powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grind the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ with little water and grind to a fine paste. Soak basmati rice for 15-20 mins, drain water. Add a tsp of ghee and saute the rice in a pan for 2mins till the moisture leaves. Set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil + ghee add the items listed under ‘to temper’ saute for a minute. Then add onions and saute till slightly browned. Then add the masala paste and baby corn, saute till raw smell completely leaves.It may take around 5-7 mins.
- Then add curd, required salt and give a quick stir. Then add rice and water and pressure for 3-4 whistles in medium flame. Wait till pressure releases then fluff it up with fork gently without breaking the rice.
Serve hot / warm with onion raita.
- You can use the same recipe to make sweet corn pulao too.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste buds. The measurement above is medium spicy.
- You can serve it with plain or onion raita.