Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Check out more baby corn recipes.
Baby Corn Malai Subji Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Baby Corn -13
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Fresh Cream – 3 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Salt – to taste
Deep Fried Version:
Oil – 2 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Rinse babycorn,trim both the edges and pressure cook for 3 whistles.Cut into slightly medium slices,Set aside.Heat oil – add jeera let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste.Then add chopped onion, add the masala powders and required salt.
- Saute for 2mins then add fresh cream,mix well and let the gravy boil in low flame.
- Now add baby corn.Simmer and cook for 3mins.Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add baby corn along with the gravy and cook.But I prefer pressure cooking to fasten the process.As an alternate you can even deep fry baby corn and add it to the gravy.
- Adding fresh cream gives slight sweet taste so adjust spices accordingly.
- You can replace baby corn with any vegetable of your choice or even paneer.
- The spice powders are your preference.Adjust to your liking.