Few weeks back Prathima asked for a guest post but I couldnt immediately accept it as I had already 2 in line. So said will get back to her by this month end. But fortunately I could sneeze in time and make this baby corn fingers for her guest post.
Thanks a lot Prathima for the opportunity to guest post in your space.I am glad to do it for you…. 🙂
Baby Corn Fingers – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Baby Corn – 12 to 15
Maida – 2 tbsp
Rice Flour – 1.5 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Chat masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Cooking soda – a pinch (optional)
Salt- to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Pressure cook baby corn for 1 whistle(this step is optional). If your baby corn is a little big, then slit it in the middle into halves else you can use it as such like I did. Set aside. In a bowl add all other ingredients except oil and baby corn. Add little water to make a running paste like shown below.
- Dip each baby corn in the batter and deep fry in the preheated oil in batches till golden brown.Drain it in a tissue paper to take out the extra oil.
Serve it as a evening snack!
- I pressure cooked it for 1 whistle just to make it a little tender for my daughter. You can skip the pressure cooking step and just proceed with raw baby corn. Also parboiling makes the batter coat well.
- You can cut it into round slices too.
- Adjust spice level according to your liking.