Ammini Kozhukattai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dhal – 1/2 tsp
Hing (Perungayam ) – a pinch
Curry leaves – few
Red Chilies – 1
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Oil -2 tsp
- First sieve the rice flour 2-3 times, keep aside. Boil water, Take rice flour in a wide bowl.
- Add the boiling water little by little and mix it with the help of a wooden laddle. Mix it till it gathers to a smooth dough. Allow it to cool for 2-3 mins then knead once with your hands to make a smooth dough but it will be slightly sticky.Keep aside.
- The dough will be very soft but sticky.Slightly grease your hands with oil and make small sized balls as shown below.
- Steam the balls for 10-12mins or as required. The outer layer would have turned shiny. Take out the kozhukattais carefully without breaking and set aside to cool.
- Now heat oil, add mustard seeds, urad dhal let it crackle then add curry leaves,red chillies, turmeric powder and hing. Next add coconut saute till slightly browned then add required salt. Mix well.
- Add the ulunthu stuffing(optional). Now add the mani kozhukattais and give a quick stir , mix well and switch off. Your mani / mini or ammini kozhukattais are ready.
These kozhukattais are easy to make and they are very flavourful.This is best suited for the festive occassion as it can be done in a jiffy when there is leftover outer dough.
- Add boiling water little by little to get the desired dough consistency. The dough should gather to well but still it will be sticky when touched with ur hands.
- Just grease your hands with little oil if you feel sticky while rolling.