Amla Raita Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Curd – 1.5 cups
Amla(Big Variety) – 4 nos
Green Chillies – 2
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Roasted Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Curry leaves – a small sprig
Hing – a tiny pinch
- Wash amla, sperate the seeds and slice them. In a mixer – add amla,green chillies and coconut and grind it a coarse paste adding very little water.Then transfer this to beaten curd along with little salt.
- Mix well. Heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter add this to raita and serve chilled.
Serve with any spicy variety rice!
- Dont grind amla to a fine paste, it may cause bitterness.
- You can even steam cook amla for 5mins then deseed them and use it for raita.
- Use thick curd for any raita…beat it well before using it.
- Adding roasted jeera powder gives a nice flavour.