These cookies are simple and easy to make too.I just tried replacing 1/4 cup white flour with wheat flour but still the cookies came out soo good.I referred a recipe and modified it but forgot the link, now tried searching but couldn’t find the link 🙁
Ginger Cookies Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Maida – 1 and 1/4 cups
Butter – 1/3 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
Granulated white sugar – 1/4 cup
Honey – 1/8 cup
Egg – 1
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cloves powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Butterscotch Chips – 1/4 cup
- Measure and take flour,add it to the siever.Now add cloves powder,cinnamon powder,dry ginger powder and salt.Now add baking powder.
- Sieve it for even mixing,Set aside.In a mixing bowl,add butter.
- Add brown sugar.Beat sugar and butter well until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Add the egg and beat it(Iused the hand beater so just beated for just few seconds),then add honey.
- Whisk it,now take the flour with spice mixture.
- Add it and beat it again just to bring everything together.
- Now use a spatula to mix well.It will be goey so just mix and bring together.Cling wrap it and refrigerate it atleast for 30mins.Use a tbsp measuring spoon to scoop.This is to get even sized cookie.
- Roll it using your palms, add it to sugar roll it.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Repeat the same until the entire dough finishes.Arrange it in a baking tray with butter paper laid on it.
- Using a flat bottomed cup,flatten it slightly.Bakein preheated oven for 8-10mins,timing depends on the size of the cookie too.Just keep an eye after 8mins.Bake till the top turns golden brown and starts to crack.
- Carefully remove them from butter paper then cool in wirerack.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- Do not overbake, the cookies will become hard.The cookies should be golden brown.
- Refrigeration is a must else you cannot roll them.
- These cookies spread out so arrange them accordingly leaving enough space between each cookie.
- I used cane sugar.
- If you don’t have electric hand mixer, you can use a whisk but it takes a bit of effort to bring together.
- I used 1 cup maida and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour.
- I kept the tray in fridge until preheating time may be for 5mins.
- I got around 12 medium sized cookies.
- If the dough is too sticky then grease the butter paper.I did not grease as there was no need.
- The baking timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take 15 mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.